Hurricane Harvey rampage continues in Texas, 30 dead

Harvey, one of the most destructive storms in US history, beat Texas for the fifth day today, claiming 30 lives and leaving thousands homeless, although the mayor of Houston said a curfew at night to prevent looting and opportunist crimes.

Thousands of Emergency Relief Team staff were on alert, helping those affected by the flood. The weather officer said some parts of the state should receive heavy rains again.

At least 30 people were killed in storm-related incidents, local authorities confirmed. The toll could increase as they pursue reports of people lost in torrential rains unleashed since Friday.

Houston officials have imposed a night curfew to protect against opportunistic crimes as Tropical Storm Harvey continued to relax in southeastern Texas, CNN reported.

Authorities announced the curfew – midnight at 5 am – after police arrested a crew of armed robbers who were shaking vehicles, and officials warned residents of posters for police investigators. Internal security.

There were also fears of looting when thousands of homes were partially submerged and abandoned. Harvey was preparing for another plot near the border between Texas and Louisiana. With this expected expectation, devastation and misery could intensify, he said.

More than 13,000 people have been rescued from flooding and other devastation caused by Tropical Storm Harvey in and around Houston, federal and local authorities in Texas said. An Indian student died after his death on a swollen lake in the United States of Texas, where Hurricane Harvey wreaked havoc.

More than 100,000 American Indians living in and around Houston were also severely affected by the monstrous hurricane. The weather service issued an emergency light – its warning of the most serious floods – last night, the Washington Post reported.

The remains of Hurricane Harvey threatened Texas and Louisiana, while a reservoir west of downtown Houston was spreading because of record rainfall. Houston officials were unable to determine the magnitude of the tragedy caused by one of the most destructive storms in US history, officials said.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott said Harvey is one of the biggest disasters the United States has faced and warned not to expect anything that looks like a recovery or a return to the way he was. “We must recognize that this will be a new, normal and new normality for this whole region,” he said.

Houston, the fourth largest city in the United States and the largest city in Texas, still operates emergency operations, with multiple avenues of closure and no access to ambulance hospitals after the appearance of Hurricane Harvey, a Category 4 storm, landed on Friday night.

Harvey has lost its intensity, leaving behind a trail of destruction that could take years to overcome.
The National Weather Service reported that Houston had already received more than 42 inches of rain due to Harvey.

Parts of Louisiana also saw more than one foot of rain, and flood warnings were in effect for much of the Lake Charles area, as precipitation is expected to continue. New Orleans is under a tornado and an illuminating clock until tomorrow.

Hurricane Harvey: All you need to know about the most destructive Texas storm in 50 years

As Texas continues to deteriorate, US President Donald Trump will visit two Texas, Corpus and Chisti cities on Tuesday because of incessant rains and “catastrophic” floods in the area following the disastrous Hurricane Harvey. your inventory of the situation.

The 45th President of the United States is facing the biggest natural disaster in the United States since taking oath in January. It has already signed disaster proclamations and sanctioned federal aid efforts for hurricane victims in Texas and Louisiana.

Here is everything you need to know about Hurricane Harvey and why it is described as the “most destructive storm in Texas in 50 years”

Hurricane Harvey is the strongest tropical hurricane that hit the United States after the Wilma Class 5 disaster in Florida in 2005. According to the National Hurricane Center, the hurricane originated from a tropical Gulf of Mexico wave on 17 August.

On the way to Texas in the United States, Harvey had an impact on parts of Barbados, Martinique, Dominica and St. Vincent and the Grenadines. According to a New York Times article, Harvey landed northeast of Corpus Christi, Texas, around 9:45 last week.

It was designated as a category 4 hurricane and struck Chisti at a wind speed of 130 miles per hour. The storm then moved to the Bay of Copano as a Category 3 hurricane. Along the way, Harvey affected some of the most populous areas of Texas.

He moved along the Gulf Coast State, from Corpus Chisti to Houston, then entered Austin and San Antonio. With strong winds, Harvey brought a heavy downpour with himself, which has continued in recent days.

Torrential rains continued unabated, causing massive flooding in parts of Texas. According to the latest Reuters news agency reports, at least 7 people died from flooding and many were injured.

More than tens of thousands of people must remain homeless before the rain stops. Approximately 13 million people are struggling with “catastrophic floods” and torrential rains in the region.

According to the US National Weather Service, rain should continue until Wednesday. According to researchers quoted by the Associated Press news agency, at a time when rains are plentiful, Harvey would have dumped about one million gallons of water for every man, woman and child in southeastern Texas.

The fourth largest city in the United States, Houston, has been completely flooded by the incessant rains that followed Hurricane Harvey, causing hundreds of civilians to appear in the area. National Guard troops, police and rescue teams are engaged in massive rescue operations to assist stranded civilians.

The two major airports, along with primary highways, Houston’s railroad lines were closed during the weekend. More than 2,600 civilians in Texas were without electricity in the southeast corner of the state.

The director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Brock Long, estimated that 30,000 people could temporarily stay in shelters. He also said that the resurgence of natural disasters will take years. In a statement to the media, he said: “This disaster is going to be a historic event.”

Floods in Houston also had an impact on the US refinery’s large-scale cuts on Tuesday. Due to supply disruptions in Colombia and Libya, crude oil prices have increased. The massive floods caused by Harvey resulted in the closure of several refineries, resulting in an increase of $ 1.7799 per gallon per species in the United States.

Pakistan suspends talks with US over Donald Trump’s remarks: Report

Pakistan suspended official visits and met with the United States to protest President Donald Trump’s criticism of Islamabad for providing shelters to militants, a news report said on Tuesday.

Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif yesterday in the Senate, which became a committee to discuss the deterioration of relations with the United States.

Asif told the senators that Pakistan had suspended talks and bilateral visits as a protest mark, Dawn said.

The Secretary of State for South Asia and Central Asia, Alice Wells, was due to arrive here Tuesday, as the foreign minister was due to visit the United States last week.

Speaking of the US President’s recently revealed policy on South Asia, Asif said he does not envisage any military role for India in Afghanistan.

According to sources, the minister said it was more of a role for economic development.

He said in the closed session of the committee that India would not have permission to use Afghan land to destabilize Pakistan.

Members also asked the government to share a fact sheet on the assistance received from the United States after September 11 and the financial losses suffered by the United States as a front line instrument against the war on terror.

Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua informed the House that a meeting of Pakistani envoys from September 5-7 met to develop a strategy following the announcement of the new US policy on South Asia.

It decided that the committee would meet again to refine the policy guidelines in light of emerging realities and the role of the United States.

The guidelines will be defined by a resolution most likely to be adopted by the Senate on Wednesday.

Before the Foreign Minister made a petition to declare the proceedings behind closed doors, Senate President Raza Rabbani reminded him of his proposal for a joint session of parliament in the presence of Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi.

He said that if a resolution passed separately by the Senate was sent to the National Assembly, it would be judged in a document from the other house.

He said he would not send a good message if the two houses had adopted different resolutions. However, the Foreign Minister stated that the National Assembly could approve the resolution approved by the Senate or slightly alter it.

Value ties with Pakistan, look forward to scheduling meetings: US

The United States is considering its relationship and partnership with Pakistan, the Trump government said a few days after Islamabad suspended its official visits and talks with Washington to protest criticism of President Donald Trump for providing shelters to militants.

Pakistan has canceled at least three meetings this week with the Trump administration. A meeting of Pakistani Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was also canceled.

Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for South Asia and Asia Alice Wells and Lisa Curtis, who heads the South Asian political wing at the White House National Security Council, Pakistan this week.

Asif said Monday that the suspension of official visits and talks are a sign of protest against Trump’s criticism of the matter.

Trump warned Pakistan last week of the continued presence of terrorist shelters and support for terrorist organizations.

“We continue to value our partnership with Pakistan and look forward to holding meetings at a mutually convenient time,” a PTI State Department spokesman said.

However, it is believed that the United States is trying to relaunch the dialogue process through its embassy in Islamabad.

Meanwhile, Senator Dan Sullivan, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, congratulated Trump on his Afghan policy.

“It is particularly important for the President to indicate that US involvement in the future will be based on strategic considerations rather than on arbitrary terms and has underlined the increasing pressure on Pakistan to eliminate terrorists who work with our allies and partners in region, “he said yesterday.

Deputy Tom Cole described it as a winning strategy. “The President’s call for support and action from Pakistan and India has been long awaited.

The neighboring country of Pakistan has been essential to our fight against terrorism for years, but President Trump’s strategy calls for more action against terrorist groups that can and have grown there, “Cole said.

In a recent interview with PBS News, a former State Department official, Laurel Miller, said that Trump’s Afghan policy was going to be a major stumbling block for Pakistanis.

“This puts Pakistan’s most sensitive pimples. What worries Pakistan most in terms of an Indian role in Afghanistan is the prospect that Afghanistan will become a more favorable place for India and more Pakistan is surrounded in this way,” he said. .

Four hurt in Pakistan shelling along LoC in Poonch and Rajouri districts

One woman was among four wounded civilians as Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked mortar shelling and small arms were burned at various locations along the line of control in Poonch and Rajouri neighborhoods on Sunday night.

Senior police officials reported that four civilians were injured by splinters during the mortar at the LoC in Poonch. Emphasizing that the parts of the police rushed to take them to the hospital, they said that their condition was stable.

Bombings on the Pakistani side began around 6 pm and the explosions caused by this phenomenon were audible even in the city of Poonch. Sources said the entire border of the Shahpur and Kerni areas falling to the extreme left of the town of Poonch was affected.

The injured were Jameel Ahmed and Parvez Akhtar, both residents of Bandi Chechian, as well as Zahid Hussain Shah and Mohammad Qasim, both residents of Qasba. Some houses also appeared to be damaged, but details were expected.

According to one source, the affected areas included Digwar, Noorkote, Khari, Karmara, Bandi Chechian, Qasba and Kerni. The bombardment of mortars and light weapons fired from the other side of the LoC occurred until 9 am, although the intensity of the weapons was reduced considerably.

Meanwhile, Pakistani troops also resort to mortar bombing and light weapons in the Nowshera area of the Rajouri district at night. However, there were no injuries or damage to the Indian side in the region, sources said, adding that the shooting here lasted only half an hour.

In both places, the Indian army responded effectively and strongly, the sources added. Significantly, less than 24 hours after India and Pakistan held a flag-level meeting of the battalion commander at Chakkan Da Bagh in Poonch on August 23 and agreed to maintain peace and tranquility throughout Pakistan. were hit by a new ceasefire blast.

On Saturday, Pakistani Rangers used unprovoked small arms in the Pollo area. However, in a retaliatory fire, BSF claimed to have killed three Pakistani Rangers.

Due to repeated incidents of Pakistan’s violation of the ceasefire along the LoC in the Poonch district, there was no crossing of travel and trade between Chakkan Da Bagh on both sides of the Poonch-Rawalakot route for two months.

One hundred and sixteen passengers from Pakistan occupied Kashmir, who came from the Indian side through Chakkan Da Bagh and were stranded on the Indian side of the last seven weeks have been sent home by the Uri-Muzaffarabad road last Monday.

Since May 1 of this year, nine people, including four soldiers, were killed and 12 wounded in the mortar bombing did not shout and indiscriminate small arms were burned at regular intervals on the Indian side of the Control Line of troops in the districts of Rajouri and Poonch.

Last week, a young commissioner and a woman were killed in Pakistani bombing in the areas of Krishna Ghati and Mendhar, respectively.

J-K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Rajouri, fires mortar shells

In continuous incidents of unprovoked ceasefire violation across the Jammu and Kashmir line of control, Pakistani troops resorted Wednesday in the mortar bombing at various places along the border in the Nowshera sector in the district of Rajouri.

An army spokesman said “Pakistani troops fired light weapons, automatic weapons and mortars at 10:35 am along the LoC in the Nowshera area.” “The Indian army responded strongly and effectively,” he added.

Meanwhile, sources said that while in the LOC Kalsian, Bhawani Baba Khori and was active with Pakistani troops firing indiscriminately mortar grenades, controllers and light weapons on the Indian side.

People hid in their homes because it was difficult to leave the area to safer places at this time.

Significantly, the last-minute incident of the cease-fire violation occurred three days after four civilians, including one woman, were injured in Bandi Chechian Qasba and Poonch areas in the mortar shelling on the other side of the border.

The freshness of the bombings and unprovoked layoffs began the day after Pakistani troops in a meeting, mark with their Indian counterpart to Chakkan Da Bagh in Poonch last week had agreed to keep the peace and quiet at the border.

Following continuous incidents of unprovoked mortar shelling, in addition to automatic and light weapons on the Pakistan side, crossing the Line of Control travel and trade on the Poonch-Rawalakot road is suspended for the two months.

More than 115 Pakistani residents occupied Kashmir who traveled this side along the Poonch-Rawalakot road and were blocked for almost a month due to the suspension of the bus service to return home by road Uri-Muzaffarabad.

This could only be possible after Indian officials have addressed the issue with their counterpart PoK to facilitate the return of cross-passengers of the LoC blocked on both sides. Three Indian passengers stranded on PoK had also returned by Kaman Post on the Uri-Muzaffrabad road.

Since May 1 of this year, nine people, including four soldiers, were killed and 12 wounded in the mortar bombing did not shout and indiscriminate small arms were burned at regular intervals on the Indian side of the Control Line of troops in the districts of Rajouri and Poonch.

Last week, a young commissioner and a woman were killed in Pakistani bombing in the areas of Krishna Ghati and Mendhar, respectively.

The frequent skirmishes along the LoC, attributed to the growing desperation on the Pakistan side to push a maximum number of terrorists into the state this summer, have already made more than 3,000 people, including women and children, migrate from their homes near the border for safer places.

Of these, more than 1,000 are housed in camps established by the district administration, while others have gone to the homes of their relatives.